Existing Member?

20WOC

Day two

MALAYSIA | Monday, 14 November 2011 | Views [183]

Just out of the pool (in the rain) and awaiting the rest of the group for dinner.  Have rung RW and left a message.

A full session of lectures this morning.

I have come up with a selection of bites on my arms, no knowledge of having received them.

Afternoon I returned to the orchid show.  Good to see Gary selling bark, the sales area was very busy trading.  I looked at a lot of flasks but not worth the hassle to try to import.  The flowering plants for sale are gorgeous and walking out the door in droves.

Then back into the show proper.  Again even trying all settings the camera would not take focussed photos.  A local couple had a good go at playing with it.  When I explained I will be doing a talk on the show at home, they adopted me!  So they had me posing here and there and you may expect some very good images emailed.  I said six would be fine but they were very generous of their time.

I particularly asked them to take an image of the display acknowledging the Japanese earthquake as the words were relevant to Christchurch.

You will recall the Sanders Lists books and Mum you will recognise the signficance of this more than the others. In a riveting talk about Reichenbach collection of papers in Vienna, a man asked about access to the letters the original Mr Sanders had written to Mr Reichenbach.

So I went over to him and told him John C in Lyttleton has some original despatch notes from Mr S when orchids were sent to NZ very early on.  I said, 'I know of some original papers extant in New Zealand, I am Melanie I'm sorry I don't know your name.'

He said, 'I am Peter  Sanders.'

OMG!! (Mum recall there is also the connection with Kath  Black and Mr Fuller did his training with Sanders. ) So I gave him John's details from memory and also told him the story of his family's Anzac which is of course you know where.  He was very interested in this.

ok I might have to find a new camera.  In the meantime I thought Eddie might like a gift from the Ferrari shop... $800 for ferrari sunglasses, $239 for a tie, $355 for a belt, $260 a belt and $59 for a baseball cap.

I also investigated Ipod touch 2s - they seemed very cheap but that's with a plan, they turn out to be $1018.  Looked at lots of phone type things but I don't know what they are or what they do.

So, off to dinns.

About melaniebrigden


Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Malaysia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.