Existing Member?

one step at a time-my life in a backpack Ok where to start? Well I'm 23 an aussie and after years of talking about doing this travel thing I have set off on my way. The idea is to see the uk and europe (highly original I know) But since I set out here I just don't know where to stop!! I believe the travel bug may just have bitten me! But really you only live once and why not see everything. Life should be about happiness and experiences not stress and misery! Well at least thats what I want!

Instanbul

TURKEY | Thursday, 26 April 2007 | Views [448]

What to say about this place. This place is cool and I do believe it is the first place I would head back to. The sounds, colours, people, shopping the history!! Loved loved loved this place. I went to the Blue mosque,saint sophia, topkapi palace and the grand bazaar. If you go here do all of these they are all worth. The food is wickered too and this place is cheap lira and the aussie dollar are the same value. Saint sophia is now a museum  but before that it was a mosque and before that a church. Basically this place was first part of the roman empire then when that feel and the religion changed they converted it to a mosque. Years and years later they have begun renovations and discovered all this christian art work. The palace is cool and beautiful they have stuff from the sultans and it is all very exciting. Now the Grand Bazaar. I loved it others didn't I wandered it for almost the entire day and I had a great time. You have to go here if your in town and do bring some money even if it's just for turkish delight or some apple tea. Now for food eat at a restarunt called doy doy's it's cool. Great food even better price and the people are great. It is just around the corner from the blue mosque.

Tags: Adventures

About mel-halden


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Turkey

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.