Existing Member?

Safari Sisters “I do not want to get to the end of my life and find that I just lived the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well.” — Diane Ackerman

Salmon sisters in Hawaii

UNITED STATES OUTLYING ISLANDS | Sunday, 15 October 2017 | Views [268]

Weird beer

Weird beer

After a few celebratory drinks in the Sydney Qantas Club and a tolerable Jetstar flight we arrived in Hawaii. Balmy weather and a bonus early entry to our room were rather pleasant after losing a day and most of a nights sleep. A quick jaunt out to Ala Moana shopping centre cured us of any thoughts of shopping - it is massive. A wander to the beach and an early dinner at PF Changs and a saunter to the beach was the best we could manage.

Feeling a bit more adventurous and refreshed the following day we embarked on the public bus adventure.  Five bucks well spent... Diamond Head, downtown Honolulu and Pearl Harbour. Very beautiful scenery but must admit Waikiki had a bit of a 1970's Surfers Paradise feel to it. Very pleasant wandering through of a night though with a lovely breeze and all the torches lighting the streets.  We did enjoy a rather awsome pizza and a sunset cocktail at the Royal Hawaiian on the beach.

Ready to head to the colder temperatures in Alaska...

 

About mekikepilala


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United States Outlying Islands

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.