Existing Member?

Safari Sisters “I do not want to get to the end of my life and find that I just lived the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well.” — Diane Ackerman

Camping in the wild

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 27 October 2016 | Views [365]

After escaping wolf creek, we headed to our next stop after stopping off in Tsumeb for some much needed data. Also stopped off at the post office to send some postcards. It must have been welfare day as there were people lined up everywhere handing over their ID and then being handed a wad of cash. Lala tried to hand her's over but no luck...After making sure everyone was connected we then drove to Tamboti bush camp to set up. The camp site was great with a kitchen area (sink), seperate toilet and shower, braii and an undercover area. After checking everything out we set up our $12 Kmart tents. They were meant to be one person tents but reality was they sized for a child. Our air mattresses barely fit and Meki and Lala did not fit unless there feet sticking out the end. After contemplating what was likely to be an uncomrtable nights sleep, we headed over to the restaurant for a drink and to check out the view. What a fantastic spot it was, overlooking a waterhole where a myriad of animals made there way down for a drink. We saw Zebra, Girrafe, Springbok and Common Dukka come and go throughout the evening. After a while we faced the inevitable and returned to our camp site, cooked a beautiful dinner on our braii and consumed as much alcohol as we could before braving our tents. Meki also saved a drunk French girl who couldnt find her camp site from being eaten by lions...Lala on the other hand wanted to see how the lions faired. Luckily we survived the night and woke the next morning to face another day, consumed a delicious breakfast, packed up our tents and headed off for our next adventure!

About mekikepilala


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.