Existing Member?

Safari Sisters “I do not want to get to the end of my life and find that I just lived the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well.” — Diane Ackerman

Victoria Falls Zambia Zimbabwe

ZAMBIA | Monday, 10 October 2016 | Views [337]

After a rather horrendous border crossing involving 7 different processes and payments the intrepid aussies made it across the river into Zambia... this is not a process to be scoffed at... all the other tourists paid touts exorbitant amounts of US dollars to assist them but we made it through the formalities ar a cost of 2 cans of coke (one for the ferryman and one for a particularly persistent tout who hung out to the end.

Victoria Falls is a tourist town but was worth the visit. Pushed Leigh off the bridge with a rather tatty elàstic band tied to her feet, did a helicopter ride over the falls. Pretty good day...

Kepi here adding a bit more ..... For me it was a 10/10 kinda day.

we managed to score best seats in the house aboard MV Lady Livingstone , cruising the Mighty Zambesi..... Feet up on the bow rail, ,sunset and hippies, drinking copious amounts of G&T ( medicinal of course gotta watch them malaria mossies)

rather magical watching the dusk overtaking the day!! we sprinkled some  of my intrepid dad's ashes in the Zambezi River ,  Zambia & Zimbabwe.......he gave me my wanderlust and my need  to know,  he is still travelling the world........

 

About mekikepilala


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Zambia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.