Existing Member?

The Journey Home.... My last big trip before heading back to Canada

Day 2 : Saying Goodbye to London

UNITED KINGDOM | Monday, 14 April 2014 | Views [107]

After getting woken up by Gibby juming on me we had a bit a putter around and then I headed into London to see a few sights. I took the tube first to Knightsbridge to stop at Harrods. I wandered around for a while (including getting told off for taking a picture of the Elite Jewellery) before stopping at the Food Hall. Then I walked along Knightsbridge, under the Wellington Arch and then along Consitution Hill to Buckingham Palace. As it Easter Break here there are so many tourists and I arrived at Buckingham Palace just as the changing off the charge was finishing, which meant I had to elbow my way through (I understand that you want a photo - it doesn't mean that you stand in the middle of the pavement blocking all traffic). Then I walked down the Mall to Trafagar Square for a few photos before having lunch at the Wetherspoons (steak and ale pie with mash and a pint of Coke). I made it in there just in time as 20 minutes later there were no tables left. I then walked down Whitehall (passed the Horase Guards) to the Parliament Buildings, Big Ben and Westminiter Abbey before taking the tube back up north, first for a quick stop at the mall and then back to Gibby's.

 

I spent the afternoon sorting out some of the stuff I meant to get done before leaving Bristol. Steve and I then walked to a very good thai restaurant in Winchmore Hill for dinner with Gibby and some people from here work. It was really good food and good company.

About meganshanks


Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.