Existing Member?

The Journey Home.... My last big trip before heading back to Canada

Day 1 : Moving out of Bristol

UNITED KINGDOM | Sunday, 13 April 2014 | Views [81]

So after getting up and finishing packing from the day before I took a taxi to the Bristol Coach Station - and the driver didn't even charge me for the extra, extra bag. During the week I had asked at the coach station if it was alright to get off at Earls' Court (where the coach is scheduled to stop) even though my ticket said Victoria Station, and was advised if I just ask the driver, that should be fine. When I asked the driver he said that I had to amend my ticket (at a charge of course), so I has to go stand in line, but there were 3 people in front of me and the coach was suppose to leave in 10 minutes so the driver came and told me that he could let me off this one time (especially after I told him that I was moving back to Canada and had even paid for my extra bag). The coach journey was quite quick, much different from Friday night trips to London. and when we arrived at Earl's Court other people got off as well, so not sure what the big deal was. It was a 0.5 mile walk from the bus to the tube but after a few stops I made it. Then while waiting for the elevator to the Picadilly Tube all these people barged infront of me (people who were clearly too lazy to use the elevators or stairs) so I had to wait twice for the elevator. A nice man helped me get all my stuff in the tube but getting off I also lost a bag when the doors started to close before I had everything off. Then one bag almost fell backwards down the escaltor and the tube employee gave me a strange look when he saw how much stuff I had. The walk to Gibby and Steve's also felt quite long but Steve helped me carry the stuff up the 3 flights of stairs so in the end 'no worries'!! 

 

I had a couple of hours to chill (get feeling back in my hands) and then headed back into London (dodging many marathon runners and their families) to meet up with Gibby and some friends to see Jersey Boys at Piccadilly Theatre. While the show was very well done and the lead vocalist was very good because I did not recognize alot of the music I didin't enjoy the play as much as teh Beetles play I saw with mom and dad last August. After the play I made my way back on the tube and watch some Masterchef Canada with Steve until falling asleep at some point? It was a very long first day!!

 

About meganshanks


Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.