Existing Member?

Searching for Tea and Crumpets Study Abroad

PARIS & ETAMPES

USA | Friday, 13 November 2009 | Views [247]

Bonjour! I made it to France!! It is beautiful!! We (me, my friends Bianca and Cely) left London at 530 this morning and arrived in Paris at Galle du Nord at around 7am. We are in a cute little hotel on the Rue de Faunberg Saint Denis-So precious!! We got lunch and met up with our roommates Courtney, Lindsey and Alisha and took forever to make our way to the Eiffel Tower! It was so surreal to see- and it really hit me- IM IN PARIS!! It was so great, the Eiffel tower is beyond anything you can ever imagine, and you really have to see it to experience Paris. We made a decision to climb the Tower tomorrow, so I set off to meet up with Renee Pombriandt, (moms friend Lise’s sister) who works for BU study abroad right near the Eiffel tower. She took me with her to the train and we made our way to her home in Étampes, France. I got to see Denis and Louise and Lucie and I’m staying with them for the night. Its about an hour south of Paris, but it is so beautiful! It is cute and rural, with little streams and rivers running through it everywhere. There is so much greenery and lots of cute old brick homes and cottages. It is so lovely, and I can see why she chose to settle down there. It is beyond amazing. I wish I could stay so much longer! But Im only here until tomorrow, so I have to go back to Paris. We got to their home around 6, ate a quick snack and headed off to bring the girls to Badminton practice, which they love. It was so cute! Renee and I left to go buy bread and grab a pint at the pub and catch up. It was so nice! We had dinner when we got home and I was exhausted. Bed Time!!!

About megangobeille


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.