Existing Member?

THE ADVENTURES OF MICHELLE AND MICHELLE! Two explorers, Michelle and Michelle, set out one day to discover the southern part of the western hemisphere...this is thier story!

LOVE from Costa Rica!

NICARAGUA | Wednesday, 25 June 2008 | Views [507] | Comments [3]

YO! Michelle and I, Michelle M, arrived in Costa Rica safely after our first flight out of Nicaland was canceled. TACA airlines put us up in a SWEET Best Western that had a pool, air conditioning and full size beds! WHOOPIE! We also got FREE food and a FREE bus ride to our hotel here in Manuel Antonio. On the way up the curvy roads of Costa Rica, I got motion sickness and started to hyper ventilate. We had to stop so I could sit outside for a bit. The crazy driver was obviously not used to driving in the country. A HUMONGO rainstorm also passed whilst in the bus and Michelle and I felt so bad that MR. Driver had to make his way back 3 hours to a house full of kids that we gave him a 20 dollar tip!

Our hostel bed and breakfast, CAsa Buena Vista, is basically a tree house in the rainforest. Our walls are not walls, they are screens in the rainforest, in the mountains. AMAZING! We saw and heard some EXTREMELY LOUD howler monkeys outside our window both days at 5 am! AH! Also, there must be  a birds nest right above our room, because those little buddies are super loud in the morning time...Our landlady is an expat from CALIFORNIA that has billions of cats running around and smelling stuff up. The chef, Nuria, said that one of them peed on her face when she was sleeping on the floor because there were so many guests in her house...

Yesterday we made it to the Manuel Antonio Beach where we body surfed and thought about taking a surf lesson, but then decided to wait until Montezuma! We headed back around 3 due to a huge rainstorm that lasted all night long. Our musty room was like a perfect little island amidst the crazy storm. We sat on the bed and planned out the rest of the trip and ate Michelle Gs walnuts since we couldnt make it out of the house to get real food. We made some phonecalls from the common room and arranged a stay in a sweet bungalow in Montezuma for a decent price. The first place, EL SANO BANANO, has all vegetarian food options and is in the downtown area of the hippie town. The second place is 5 minutes away, LOS MANGOS, and has yoga classes morning and night! We are definitely looking forward to surf lessons and the relaxingness of the pura vida here in COSTA RICA!

To save money we bought a bunch of groceries and non perishables to eat for the next couple days...with the budget eating, hiking, swimming, tanning, surfing and yoga, we expect to be really attractively gorgeously nice looking by the time we get to Ecuador! Then, maybe, our host family wont hate us for forgetting a Wisconsin THANK YOU gift...

Comments

1

Hi Michelle and Michelle!!! We finally got to a computer spot to get updated on your blog. Sounds FANTASTIC!!! You made me cry... Yesterday was Uncle Mark's birthday...We are having fun, but MISS YOU...we missed your call today--we were at the ocean...we of course are eating like kings and queens, but trying to eat healthy and are getting lots of exercise in addition to our daily Dad meditation and yoga(which of course the girls are thrilled about!!!) Mary wants to say HI...Love...A&F...
HI BALDY WITH THE FRO
I MISS YOU !!! SADIE DOES TO WE ARE HAVING A GREAT TIME EXCEPT YOUR NOT HERE GOOD BYE MIMI
P.S SORRY ABOUT MY SPELING

Hey michelle its the bra,
I formated a huge letter in my mind with the 16 min and 32 seconds it took the lil M to type her sentence. but after the first 10 min. I forgot everything in the last 6 min and 32 sec. soo I am just gona have to free fall this and and just say wazzup and wow i just saw the biggest tool ever with a popped coller on a piece o' crap polo. anyays thats my A.D.D. moment for this letter and Will depart with my promises of writing you an email once I find out your email address soo have funn braa hows ur backpack working?
peace and love man

Hey Michelle and Michelle
Sounds like you guys are having quite an advanture. I hope all is well and safe. Hope to talk to you soon.

Lv

Dad


  MAZZEO FAMILY Jun 25, 2008 6:28 AM

2

Hi M&M...at B&N so writing a quick HI!!! Hope you are safe and healthy and having a blast...we are meditating, yogaing and learning Italian...of course eating, swimming and exercising...We MISS YOU...
Love, A&F Su Familia XOXO

  ZEO FAM Jun 26, 2008 2:04 AM

3

Hey Michelle and Michelle,

We just hope there aren't any more Michelle's on your trip or other volunteers in Ecuador named Michelle. too confusing. And what's up with all the talk of expecting to be really gorgeous, blah, blah blah. You're already really, really, really ridiculously good looking.

Please get a picture of the howler monkeys - but don't get too close 'cuz they bite. and please, please, please be careful with the surfing. you know - sharks and stuff that bite. worse than a musky bite, Michelle.

We have some nice weather around here but we miss you being around. We're just glad you guys seem to having a wonderful adventure.

Keep smilin'

Gorzek family

  Gorzek Family Jun 26, 2008 12:41 PM

About meeshmaz


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Nicaragua

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.