Existing Member?

THE ADVENTURES OF MICHELLE AND MICHELLE! Two explorers, Michelle and Michelle, set out one day to discover the southern part of the western hemisphere...this is thier story!

THE ADVENTURES OF MICHELLE AND MICHELLE IN NICARAGUA!

USA | Friday, 20 June 2008 | Views [338] | Comments [2]

HELLO my lovely friends and family! i miss you like crazy! We have been doing some crazy things here in Nicaragua, all in the blistering heat. even the nicas (nicaraguans) say that these days have been the hottest. I shower every day (surprise!) and I STILLLL fell so dirty. We have been meeting with different womens organizations including the Committee for rural women, Xochilt Acatl(the name of a famous indigenous women), and la FEM. The directors have all had different stories and i will highlight two...Maria Espinoza started her work in the SAndinista REvolution and now teaches empowerment courses to poor rural women. We met a few of them and they shared thier stories of endured abuse and how they overcame the stories. The whole time, a random man took a shower in a nearby shower behind some cement...his eyes just peeked out at us from above. actually, it was just a bowl of water he continued to fill and pour on himself.

The other women, Blanca, was abused as a child in a rural home, got a degree in agricultural engineering and gender and now heads the womens movement.

All week a woman named Dona Maria has been on a hunger strike, which lasted 16 days. She is protesting the sudden lack of democracy the Nicas are now enduring under DAniel Ortegas presidency.

Today, we met with women from a coffee cooperative! we sat in the back of pick up trucks and visited thier farms and played with thier kids! i drank an unpurified corn beverage called CHinchi and i might get sick, but it was WORTH it because it tasted like heaven after a long hot day in the rural campo(countryside).

I will add pictures very soon! i love you all and will keep you posted on our adventures!!!!

LOVE MICHELLE

Tags: 5 minute summary

Comments

1

We are SO glad (for the sake of the NICS) that you are showering daily! Everything sounds extremely interesting...hope you are keeping a journal...buy yourself something that you can keep forever...
Took Sue to UWMadison yesterday for her port and chemo--we were there from 7 to 7. I got my paperwork done, but a chemo waiting room is quite depressing--just what I needed...Mrs. V got a second opinion saying surgery is not needed which is great news. Sadie has been sick. We need a vacation...Later...Su Familia

  The ZEO FAM Jun 20, 2008 12:24 PM

2

WOO! Good luck to Sue! I am sending the postive signals out into the world...again...for her. As for SADIE!! o no! Whats wrong, whats she sick with, will she be coming to Florida???

  meeshmaz Jun 21, 2008 9:06 AM

About meeshmaz


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.