Existing Member?

Eo Ire Itum

Just an Update...

UNITED KINGDOM | Tuesday, 5 May 2009 | Views [522] | Comments [1]

I haven't written in here for a while and I just thought I'd finally update the few that actually read this journal (mainly my parents).

Last week I moved from London to Torquay and although I do miss London (and my old housemate, Georgia), I;m enjoying it here. It's nice being so close to the sea and I love the new friends I've made here. I'm living with Lisa, who I met through Dave and Georgia. Her and I seem to click as housemates and we get along famously. We've done a few trips around the place and having grown up in this area; Lisa has a lot of local knowledge.

We've visited Paington and Dartmouth - including going on the Paington to Dartmouth steam train, the ferry, a Dart River cruise and we also visited Dartmouth Castle which was lovely. This area of England would certainly have to be one of my favorites. Sadly though the weather has been fairly awful at the moment compared to the sun shine they're have in London.

Tomorrow I'm planning on visiting my cousin and her children up near Swindon which should be great fun and then on Friday Dave and I are getting the train to London together because we've got tickets to the comedy quiz show 'Stephen Fry's QI'!! I'm SO excited, and I'm looking forward to seeing Georgia and other London people. :)

I have been a bit bored recently even though Torquay is a lovely place I am considerably more aware of having nothing to do. At least in London I knew more people and had more things to do. Here it is very basic and especially hard for someone to get around when they don't have a their own transport. I must wait until I get my passport until I can do more traveling and I am just waiting for my Dad's birth certificate in the mail so I can re-apply. My first application was denied because of incompetent passport office people neglecting to tell me the correct documents required. Until I get all of that done I pretty much just have to keep my self occupied.

As far as my further travels are concerned, I have obviously had to postpone my Mexican trip because of the travel warnings. I'm upset that I won't get to see my best friend Alex and I have been worried about her (even though I know she'll be fine).

I have decided to just postpone my entire Americas trip (I want to do the whole place in one go) and instead I will do some travel in Europe. Lisa and I have discussed a trip to Spain via ferry (leaving from Plymouth!) and there is also a group of us planning to go to Mykonos for two weeks in Sept. Both trips sound great, but I do REALLY want to do some more backpacking trips. As soon as I get my passport I will plan something. Until then I will just have to keep my self occupied with travel in the U.K.

I hope everyone back home is well. I constantly miss you all - especially Mum, Jenny, Dad, June etc. I love you all very much. xxx
Dartmouth Castle

Dartmouth Castle

Comments

1

We all miss you too sweetheart! Keep up the good work and - Love those Photos!

Baba

  Baba May 8, 2009 9:48 AM

About mazystar

Winter time means HATS!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.