Existing Member?

Eo Ire Itum

No sleep till Shanghai!

CHINA | Wednesday, 3 December 2008 | Views [757]

I've been back in Zhangzhou now for three days and I've been really quite bored. I do like Zhangzhou a lot, but I have the travel bug and I really want to get out and see more of China! So I've decided, as the heading suggests, to spend a week in Shanghai! I leave on Saturday the 6th and I return to Xiamen following Sunday. 

June has a friend who works for a travel company and he found me a very good deal - a RETURN ticket from Xiamen to Shanghai for only AUD112! I can't believe how cheap it is, especially considering most of the flights I found on the internet exceed AUD400!

The beauty of traveling within China at this time of year, especially up north where it's cold, is that it's down season and everything is much cheaper. I even found a pretty good deal on a VERY central hotel (RIGHT on Nanjing Road, which is the main shopping street and is near The Bund).

There are a lot of places I'd love to visit in Shanghai, including Shanghai Bowuguan and The Museum of Ancient Chinese Sex Culture (yes, they actually have a sex history museum in China! The place has stirred up A LOT of controversy over the years! I think it sounds fascinating.)

I'm really looking forward to visiting Shanghai. It's certainly going to be an experience to visit such a vast city on my own, but I think it will also be one of the highlights of my China trip. :)

 

About mazystar

Winter time means HATS!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.