Existing Member?

Eo Ire Itum

Missing Home

CHINA | Wednesday, 15 October 2008 | Views [517] | Comments [3]

I'm a very emotional and passionate person, so I have a tendency to get very home sick. 

I miss my family and my friends more than anything. I spoke to two of my close friends on MSN tonight, Sarah and Emily, and it made me realise how much I miss them, and others too, and I've only been gone for two weeks!

It's times like these when it's reaffirmed just how much I need and love my wonderful family and friends. It was the same when I was in hospital after my car accident. I won't ever forget the love and care that people showed me then and it still makes me quite emotional to think about.

The most important thing in this world are the people we love. They are more important than money or popularity or possessions. More important than anything.

There are so many people I wish I could be sharing my experiences of China with: my beautiful sister Jenny and my amazing Mum and best friends. Thankfully the internet makes communication very easy; I honestly don't know what I would do without it.

I am so grateful to have the opportunity to travel and experience so much of this beautiful world, and I'm SO glad that I will be meeting up with friends and family along the way.

I'm very much looking forward to mid December when I will be meeting Lyb in Vietnam and spending Christmas and New Years with her. She is, and always will be, one of my closest friends and I can't wait to share the new experiences of traveling Vietnam with her. I also can't wait to visit my family in England, whom I haven't seen in nearly nine years! There will also be many friends to catch up with in other countries: Heather in Ireland, Nicole in the U.S, Umba and Ana (and quite a few others) in England, Alex in Mexico and others elsewhere.

One things for sure though, I don't think China would be the same without my Dad and his wonderful wife June. I'm so glad I've been able to come and visit them here. I love my Dad very much and so far it's been amazing to share the experience of China with him and his wife. It's also great to basically have my very own tour guides (including one that speaks the language) of Zhangzhou and it's surrounding ares! Hehehe. Dad is just like a big overgrown kid and now that I'm an adult, I think being here is a lot less like traveling with a parent and more like traveling with a friend. I have been venturing out on my own though as I believe it's important to be independent when you're traveling.

This is life. You have to dig through all of the bullshit and pettiness and fighting...and underneath it all you find caring, loving, awesome people. :)

Comments

1

You are missed too Darling!

Much love from

  The two of us Oct 16, 2008 5:20 AM

2

I love you and I miss you! I hope you're online tonight, because I'd love to chat to you. Also, I miss your voice! Especially your laugh as well.

I am so glad you've got this opportunity to experience so many different cultures. I just miss you, is allll... :(

I give myself 6 months before I start bugging you to come home. I MAY JUST MAKE IT to 6 months. You're going to get annoyed at me. Just ask Jonathon. :P

  Sarah Oct 20, 2008 9:06 PM

3

Aww, I should call you, but I can't work out my phone card. I'll have to get June to help me work it out. I'm having problems with codes etc.

Hahaha, we'll I will bug you to get your arse out traveling!! SAVE UP AND COME TRAVELING!

Hey, I'm not getting emails for my LJ! I just thought no one was commenting, but Alex told me she's been commenting heaps and nothing is happening! :/ doh.

  mazystar Oct 21, 2008 12:22 AM

About mazystar

Winter time means HATS!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.