Existing Member?

dawesberry adventures my view of the big family adventure.

Marley left

UNITED KINGDOM | Tuesday, 8 August 2006 | Views [524]

traveling with the kids

traveling with the kids

We stayed at Helen’s again , this time I was in much better form, no jet lag and really enjoyed her company. Marley’s flight was the next day, so we left pretty early for Heathrow. I drove the van for the first time as Steve helped marley in the airport. And we got together with him while his 2 hours passed. During the wait time, our hangout area, 1km from the terminal was full of watchers. I don’t know what they call themselves, but they make a hobby of watching jets take off and land. When we finally said goodbye to Marlz, I tried to be meaningful about it, but he laughed. He’s a great chap. So, that brings us to hang another few days with the Robson clan and to say goodbye to Megan. She would stay for another week there, and make her way back to oz on her own!!! I spent some time fretting over that, but she was well cued up by the Robson’s and cluey enough on her own, she made it back fine and word is good from houseminder, James, she’s “considerate, polite, accommodating, and no fuss”. She has own her own, secured a job at the coolest café in Mullumbimby: Lulu’s. She probably had to bite the bullet and give up her heavy party schedule on Friday nights, because they’d surely need her on Saturdays. Good onya, Megs! Cal and Karen were there, again, and had a wee bit more time with them, but not much. Karen is English and the two were able to get married in England, Cal being a woman, they can’t get married in Australia. Yay for them. Sweet women! The ferry was a 5 hour drive away, considered by the locals to be a long journey, but living in Australia, seems like nothing. So, off we go. Now this ferry: WOW! It was 9 decks tall with all kinds of entertainment especially to keep the kids occupied. Many restaurants and viewing platforms. We sat in the top indoor comfy area, playing cards, listening to the accents we were about to be surrounded by. There was a lady sleeping, with her sandal off. A little boy snuck over, under the furniture, and placed a stack of coins on her sandal, can anyone tell me what that’s about? I beat steve, soundly and have claimed my prize….!! As we traveled at a good speed, we saw, several times, small pods of dolphins, heading for and alongside the boat, it was brilliant seeing them from the height we were at, AND at the speed that they were swimming, fantastic!

Tags: Friends

About maurajeanie


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.