Existing Member?

dawesberry adventures my view of the big family adventure.

Meeting up with Jen

UNITED KINGDOM | Friday, 14 July 2006 | Views [614]

Mark & Jen at Stonehenge!!!

Mark & Jen at Stonehenge!!!

back in the early stages of this trip, i thought that I'd actually hang out with Jen and Mark (fairfax friends tho jen is from Wales). But as it neared, we realized that we'd be lucky to ring each other while on the same continent (or island). So, as it turned out, after some calls to each other's mobiles, they could come to Mark & Tara's in Somerset, for a cup of tea, or an overnight, literally. So thats what happened. After midnight, they found their way to our vicinity and Mark (robson) guided them through the last bit, which is so confusing, i still can't find my way, especially in the dark, as there are 25 different approaches, even though I've been there 10 times. So, the poor dears made it and parked near the house, like we were. They had a van that had lots of comfort, but it was so wide, and it was quite stressful driving on the narrow roads of england. They were fried when they got there, but we had a ciggie and a cuppa, and we went to sleep. they were gonna leave at 9 am. I didn't really want to see them go, so I opted to go with them and take a train or bus back! So, we went to STonehenge, but this time I went in, Mark treated me. It was a misty day, great for standing stone touring. Jen lost something here when she was a teenager and it wasn't blocked by fences. We had a look for it. Then we went to a much less famous standing stone place, like a whole village (Avebury). We spend a couple of hours checking it out, really it was lovely, just wandering on the misty fields, approaching a standing stone every 25m or so. It was very relaxed and quite better than waving them off from Somerset. We found a very magical tree, but my photos of it didn't really come out, too fuzzy. I loved it the best of all the places in England. its roots were alive with moss, and being under it was like being in a world unto itself. It was quite an adventure getting me to a train. the day had passed without us realizing and it just wasn't as straightforward as I had hoped or we'd been steered to believe. It was a big stress, really, but in the end, I was on a train and I hope they weren't too late for their dinner engagement!

Tags: planes trains & automobiles

About maurajeanie


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.