Existing Member?

Life Love & Adventure Follow my journeys around this little blue planet as I tread wearily into unknown waters, sipping on the nectars of ancient fruit trees, grappling linguistics with foreign tongues, and bathing in exotic sensations ...

Gracias por todo San Agustinillo!

MEXICO | Wednesday, 27 February 2013 | Views [985]

I owe it to everyone reading this blog, and to myself of course, to write one last chapter.  I think I've had a great escape from my monotonous, suburban life back home, and I've tried to make the most of everything San Agustinillo offered me.  The endless rumble of the surf, the glorious temperatures for this time of year, the super-relaxed vibe, the smiles and laughter of everyone in town, the great variety of restaurants and bars, and probably above all, the time to unwind, to clear out the clutter in my mind, and the opportunity to get back into the 'now'.  

Notwithstanding that however, life throws you opportunities that, in reflection of the life I lead back home, I wonder in which direction I should go.  I guess it's all about the eternal search for happiness within one's self, and avoiding the doubts, the regrets and the worries.  I came to SA to 'bum on a beach for a month' but found I got a whole lot more.  There's a spirit here of community, of friendships, of taking care and looking out for each other, and I have to thank Bambo and Alving for showing me that.  Everywhere you go there are the 'slide and punch' handshake greetings amongst the men, and the kisses on the cheeks and hugs amongst the women, you become personally attached to people in a very short space of time.  
 
There's ample opportunity for the artistic mind to dream, design and create, but I wonder where someone like me would fit in.  It's very easy to become enchanted by this patch of paradise, and its magnetic charm has attracted people from all over the world.  Of course I've only been exposed to a snapshot of life here, and I know the wet season would spawn another whole series of tales.  Hmm, so when was San Agustito re-opening Bambo? ;)
 
I spent the last couple of days hanging out at Mexico Lindo and on the beach contemplating the trip home, so rewiring my brain for schedules and time frames has put a bit of a damper on my holiday spirit.  But that's all an inevitable part of the journey so you just have to go with it.  However, there was one more trip to Pochutla and an awesome lunch on the beach at neighbouring Zipolite to affirm that I was still in Mexico!
 
Now if I can only guarantee that the boys will get me to the airport in time, hehe.  The blues man David Rotundo is playing a gig in Zipolite, and I have a feeling it could be a late night.  Wish me luck!
 
Gracias por todo San Agustinillo!!  Fueron muy amables!!

About mattso


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Mexico

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.