Existing Member?

Life Love & Adventure Follow my journeys around this little blue planet as I tread wearily into unknown waters, sipping on the nectars of ancient fruit trees, grappling linguistics with foreign tongues, and bathing in exotic sensations ...

Pochutla to San Agustito

MEXICO | Wednesday, 20 February 2013 | Views [401] | Comments [1]

With more shopping to do for Tuesday's fiesta, Bambo wanted an early start to go to Pochutla again.  So after a quick coffee we headed off to the 'big smoke'.  Pochutla is still a small town but compared to San Agustinillo, it's a veritable metropolis.  It seemed busier this morning, people rushing around, cars packing the streets, vendors yelling out their wares.  The markets were packed.  The cars with loudspeakers that push the hard sell with advertising or political messages mix in with the blaring trumpet music from the local CD shop, and creates a cacophony that unsettles your mojo! Hehe. 

The lads took me to a small upstairs kitchen where we had a more traditional Mexican breakfast - three pork tacos with a choice of salsas and a fruity water.  Starting the day with a chilli hit is one way to add a spring in your step :).  It took a little while to find some shops they wanted, but all was done by lunch time.  I also ended buying myself a new belt to replace the one I broke in Mexico City (not that I need it here!)
 
So after a refreshing swim and some hammock time, I enjoyed a ceviche de pescado and a cerveza.  Tomorrow will be a busy day setting things up for the San Agustito fundraiser, but for now, it's chill-out time, hehe.
 
I went down to San Agustito at sunset to see if the boys were doing any prep for the party.  It was good to start helping out by sweeping up and moving rubbish, and generally cleaning up the site.  Bambo described his ideas for the new layout of the place, and we came up with a tentative place for 'La esquina de Mattias' (Matt's corner), heheh.  Thea and Jiody came by and offered pizzas for dinner, so we set up some tables and chairs and had an unofficial opening of the new San Agustito.  But even so, a band of people just turned up to rehearse their music which they'll play at the party.  It was fabulous listening to some flamenco style guitar and singing, flute and hand-clapping, and wooden beat box from this random gypsy combo.  After a few beers it felt like the party had already started :). And in the midst of all this, some other guys loaded in all the parts to a marquis that they set up out the front! 
 
So by the end of the night, I stumbled back along the beach to my cabana happy to have had such an unexpected but rewarding day :) 

Comments

1

Another great day. Careful, you may not want to come back if this continues :)
But seriously, it all sounds like you're really enjoying your time and this party's going to be a very good time. Hope you can remember enough to give a brief rundown on it :)
Cheers,

s.

  Steve Watson Feb 20, 2013 12:37 PM

About mattso


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Mexico

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.