Existing Member?

Tales from Here?!

Ecudor update!!

ECUADOR | Saturday, 21 April 2012 | Views [944] | Comments [3]

Well, sorry about the delay and thanks to you all for being so patient!

I'm just going to whizz through South America with you now, from the 23rd March. -

On the move to Cuenca, the 3rd largest city in Ecuador.  The scenary is beautiful, rolling hills, lush green fields and ladys farming the land in their tradition dress and all done by hand, not one piece of machinery in sight!

Cuenca is a lovely old city, it doesn't feel like a large city in the area we are in. It's very olde worlde, if you know what I mean. Lots of churches to visit, well it is Sunday, after all! It also gets very hot, so it's a good place to cool off!

In our hostel, we chat to an english lady called Judi Zeberdee, who is cycling around the world! She is really interesting with some great stories to tell. We also speak to an american couple, who tell us of a small town called Vilcabamba, we might like to visit on route to our next destination.

At the bus station we meet a dutch couple called Anneka and Ries who are traveling un the same direction as us, (as often is the case), so we all book our tickets to Piura in Peru for Wed 28th March. Anneka speaks good Spanish, which is very helpful!!  We tell them about Vilcabamba and they decide to join us there.  There is not much to do here, but it is just very relaxed, after the hussle and bustle of city life.

They go horse riding and we go walking around a nature reserve for a few hours. Our walk takes us very high and we get the most amazing views.

We move on to Loja to get our overnight bus to Peru.  All goes well, we get to the boarder crossing at 4 am and get our 60 day pass with no problem.  (We had heard of people having hassle getting over the boarder, so we were very pleased to get through with no problems).

PERU here we come!

Comments

1

Is that it? Come on, don't tease us, hurry up with the rest! xxx

  Kirsty Apr 21, 2012 7:53 PM

2

Well I think you must have a lot more to add
Enjoy your time in NZ
Take Care x

  Maria Apr 23, 2012 1:07 AM

3

Just posted a comment on your last story - and wahoo, find another update appearing. But it is only dated 21st April, so still well behind the times.
All fine here - except for awful weather. It was really hard coming back from the West Indies in April, and having to get our winter clothes out of store.
Let us know if you get tired of carrying your own bags.
Love, Ali x

  Alison & Dave May 10, 2012 8:04 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Ecuador

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.