Existing Member?

Tales from Here?!

Trinidad

TRINIDAD & TOBAGO | Sunday, 19 February 2012 | Views [735]

Thursday 16th Feb Day 8

Moving on today, we can't believe we've already been away a week.

Leaving for Trinidad at 13.45 so Jean took us to the fast food, fried chicken outlet opposite the airport. Similar to KFC Jean insisted it was her treat.

We say our goodbye's, and head for the departure lounge, only to be told the flight is delayed by one and a half hours, (great!)no explanation or apology! Fortunately, Karen who is meeting us at Trini airport was very patient.

Bear with us here, Jeans friend Elsa, has a house in Trini, but is in England at the moment, so that is where we are staying. Elsa's brother and his wife(Larry and Joyce) live in the house directly behind, with their daughter's Karen and Lisa and Karen's husband Chris and their daughter!

Karen drives us the half hour from the airport, home to meet the family. All very nice and make us feel relaxed and very welcome.

Great house, we have it to ourselves. Shops opposite, so get settled in and head out to find B & C and beers, I think we will enjoy Trinidad!

Joyce had made too much rice 'n' chicken so we got fed as well, very nice!

Just had a night in, watching Carnival preparations on the telly. Got a feeling tomorrow may not be quite so relaxing.

 

 

Travel Answers about Trinidad & Tobago

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.