Existing Member?

World Travelling Nerd I'm a maths nerd who will be travelling mainly around my study or, later, hopefully, work. So, here it is.

D'oh

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 15 April 2016 | Views [243]

OK. I've done some more planning today. I KNOW!!! SO MUCH COMMITTMENT!!! But really, it's just because I'm on uni break and when I go back I will basically not think about this for about two months, and then put heaps of effort in for, like two weeks. It comes and goes.

Today I discovered my first tip. ALWAYS ASK SOMEONE ELSE WHO HAS EXPERIENCE WITH TRAVEL IF YOUR BUDGET IS REDICULOUSLY LARGE. Like, seriously. Turns out I budgeted for double the amount of money I needed for food and over double for travel insurance. That alone has cut my budget quite significantly, meaning it is seriously more achieveable for me to be able to save the amount of money I need to go away.

It also means that I'm going to be able to save more money for accommodation, which means that I may be able to get a flat (like, with my own kitchen) rather than having to share one with people. Like, I don't mind sharing, but I'd prefer to be able to leave some dishes out if I do the thing where I get so absorbed in studying that I forget that time passes and it turns out its 3am and I have to be up at 7am and I don't want to do the dishes. That'd be nice.

Tags: planning

About maths-traveller


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.