Existing Member?

For the good of all Taking you with me on my journey...missing you already!

The gathering begins

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 11 August 2009 | Views [362]

Monday, 10 August 2009, early afternoon – siesta time, Assisi, Italy

Last night the gathering of the Global Peace Initiative of Women, ‘The Divine Feminine – Guiding Global Transformation’, opened with two hours of prayer, chanting and singing. It was beautiful, with a lovely energy building throughout the time. Women and men from lots of different perspectives – I don’t want to list them because it seems an unnecessary detail – it was just wonderful to hear the different languages, different feelings, different traditions, different forms of expression – and to see the smiles, the seriousness, the passion, the concern, the caring, the sincerity.

Today the sessions began with meditation before breakfast, and then more chanting/singing to the Divine Mother, asking for help, singing devotion, singing prayer. We have translation from Italian to English when the speaker is Italian and English to Italian when the presenter speaks in English.

The Call to Gather pointed out the needed global and individual changes (again, another list with which we are all familiar) and then asked, ‘how can we understand the transformation needed, and what is the role of the feminine perspective in fostering these shifts?’ I have detailed notes from these talks, and I can tell you that the conversation deepened throughout the morning and over lunch, and I have a sense that much good will come of all this. Some good laughs, a few cries, some great stories, some insight and revelation – all that a good GPIW gathering (all that a good human experience) offers.

I am learning a lot and so want to study and integrate it all RIGHT NOW...but I am practicing patience and know that it’s an evolving process.

Soon I need to go and light the candles and tidy the chairs (Ananda is calling), so I’ll just put this up for now. I miss you all and am with you and you are with me here. Thanks for the good company!

About mary-faeth


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.