Existing Member?

Mare

I think I'm turning Australian, I think I'm turning Australian, I really think so

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 6 June 2008 | Views [536] | Comments [1]

Soooooo we're slipping.  It's time to come home.  We're turning Australia.

The other day, when reenacting a conversation I had in the car where I was the passenger (don't you miss my reenactments) I turned to the right to "talk to the driver".  

Then, just now, I was just running some numbers through my head and wanted to see how much rent was costing me this year.  I came up with the number $18,477 and 33 cents.  And I was hyperventilating thinking NO WONDER my mom is always trying to get me to move home to save money and why hadn't I noticed how much this was costing me and how did I ever afford to live on campus which was decidedly more expensive than this apartment.  I did the calculation 3 times.  Then I realized I was multiplying rent by weeks, not months.

Don't worry, the number is closer to $4,264 which don't get me wrong is still a lot of money but I can imagine that I can make that much money.  It's a rough estimate too because I tried making up numbers for heat and internet and crap.

Also, I'm pretty sure Lindsay said "I can't be bothered" the other day.

And...I have no work ethic anymore or desire to do well in school (that's more because I'm tired and want classes to be over, but it's very Aussie of me too)

Also...did anyone else feel really uncomfortable when all the Sex and the City girls made fun of Samantha's "gut"?  That wasn't a gut!  Good thing I don't wear belly shirts around.

Comments

1

It'll be funny the first time you go to get in the passenger seat of a car in the USA and you walk straight to the driver door and everyone is looking at you like, where is she going? Haha!
But really, I don't think you're turning Aussie. The reenactment was just that. You were turning to the right because that's what you did the first time. Unless you were telling a story about being in a car in the States, then that could be a problem. The whole calculating in weeks thing I don't understand. Do you pay by the week there? Because paying by the week seems like a HUGE pain in the ass. One more thing, the "I can't be bothered" comment... I understand that one. Kate Nash says that in a song, and I love it. It is so funny.
You don't have much left! Stay strong! I'll see you when you get back!
Love,
Joshu

  Joshu Jun 7, 2008 12:38 AM

About marge


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.