Existing Member?

MiamiStateOfMind

APRIL IN ANNECY

FRANCE | Monday, 13 April 2015 | Views [807]

Lake Annecy Marathon

Sports lovers take note – Now in its 32rd year, the Lake Annecy Marathon 2015 will take place on Sunday April 19 and guarantees to draw in the crowds that line the streets to cheer on passing runners in different categories from juniors to serious amateur runners.

Lake Annecy for marathon.jpg

 

The marathon is set against a stunning backdrop of snow-capped mountains and takes in several picture-postcard sights en route and is considered one of the city’s leading sporting events of the year.

 

Castle Annecy

Annecy Castle.jpg

 

April is a good time of year to tour Chateau d’Annecy, a restored castle overlooking the beautiful city of Annecy. It’s been transformed into a museum and is officially listed as a French historic monument that was once home to the Counts of Geneva.

 

Try something completely different

115583127_52fc8186e2_z.jpg

Learn about Annecy’s history during a Segway Tour – a really fun thing to do especially during April when the spring season is well underway.

 

Golf du Lac d’Annecy Grand Prix 2015

2335188509_dbd27cb9fc_z.jpg

If you’re familiar with the likes of Jean Van de Velde or Karine Icher, France’s leading lady in golfing terms, you might be interested to know from April 17-19 more than 100 French amateur golfers will take to the course in the Golf of Talloires just over the waters of Lake Annecy. It could be a great spectator sporting event and will bring a real buzz to the city.

 

Expressive dance, theatre and acrobatics

3009478587_61dd948e3e_z.jpg

Catch the latest offering from set designer and creative acrobat/dancer Yoann Bourgeois who brings ‘One Who Falls’ to the stage at the Bonlieu National Scene, Annecy, on April 28th & 29th. It’s bound to be a risky, vibrant and physically challenging performance.


These are just a few snapshots of the varied things to do while visiting Annecy in the coming days and weeks. Throughout 2015 Annecy, often referred to as the ‘Venice of France’ because of its pretty canals and historic landmarks, will be a hot vacation spot for students wanting to learn French, families and couples alike.

 

Images: Guilhem VellutWayne CamlinGuilhem VellutFevi in PicturesNfoka

Tags: annecy, castle, dance, events, golf, marathon

About mareikestravel


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.