Existing Member?

THE BIG ROAD TRIP Canada & the US

Saskatoon

OMAN | Wednesday, 8 July 2009 | Views [334] | Comments [1]

OK.  I know I've been quiet for a while now ... it's because I've been chilling out in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada, LEKs home town.

Now you may think that I've just been a lazy arse here, and you would be mostly correct! But I have actually gotten off the couch a few times to venture out.

I've taken a couple of long walks along the river, which is just at the back of LEKs house.

We had a barbecue and a great night of cards with LEKs family.  I was enjoying myself so much and got so excited that I was heard to utter the odd expletive, which is very unusual for me, that made LEK and Jason (her boyfriend), chuckle.

I've been hanging out in the coffee shops and one thing that I've noticed is that lots of people eat cake with their coffee here! So of course, not wanting to be different or appear foreign, I took to this new custom like a duck to water.  I think it's really good for my health because I've noticed that large muscle in my abdominal area is getting quite big and looking quite 'cut' these days.  (^_^)  Of course, no one can tell from my accent that I foreign!

We also went to the local Shakespeare Company's production of A Midsummer Night's Dream, which was pretty good.  Although the weather has been quite mild, that night (in a tent, by the river), was the beginning of a cold and wet snap.  Today, it really set in and is like winter.
Tomorrow we are driving to Winnipeg (9 hours away) for a Folk Festival. 

The big star that we're looking forward to is Elvis Costello.  Arlo Guthrie is also playing, but on Sunday night and we may not stay for him.  I think the weather is going to be pretty shitty for a couple of days so I will be taking all my woollies.  With any luck this bad weather will move through pretty quickly and it will be fine for a couple of days.  At least we're not camping there, we'll be staying with some friends of LEKs, so at least we will have a warm dry bed to sleep in at night, though during the day I think it will be cold and wet and muddy!  Fun, fun, fun.

So that's Saskatoon up to now.  Catch ya later.

Comments

1

Ooh, what sort of cake?

Enjoy Winnipeg xxx

  Dan Jul 9, 2009 4:20 PM

About marcinoman


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Oman

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.