Existing Member?

Hay There

Crash and Burn

VIETNAM | Sunday, 30 August 2009 | Views [654]

August 30th, 2009

Today we leave for Bao La and my mentorship behind as we press on to our luxury boat “Jewel of the Bay”. Trent won’t be joining us because his ticket says he needs to go home. I’ve learned a lot about Australians and Australian pop culture on this trip. I’ll probably buy an Augie March CD as soon as I get home and I’ll also watch clips of Trent’s show, “The Chaser’s War on Everything” on Youtube. I still can’t believe the Australian government gives everyone hats and sunscreen each year. That’s so cool for a government to do. 

Perhaps most important of all, this trip has given me the courage to give a career of documentary film making a shot. It’s scary and chances are I’ll crash and burn, but what the hell.

I’m finished with my story, except for one interview with a doctor at The Peace Village, a center for children affected by Agent Orange. That can be done tomorrow though. For now, we’re headed toward relaxation, water, and toilets that can flush.

Tags: agent orange, augie march, australians, bao la, crash and burn, documentary, film making, jewel of the bay, mentorship, peace village

About maranathahay


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.