Existing Member?

Don't be a chicken, you'll upset the rabbits Our adventures through Japan, Spain, France, Germany, Austria & America.

Day 14 - Gaudi, Gaudi, Gaudi

SPAIN | Thursday, 15 May 2014 | Views [154]

All of the Gaudi architecture we could handle.

<P5151636.JPG>
- Casa Batllo
It was on the way to the La Sagrada Familia that we saw this wonderful building.

<P5151660.JPG>
<P5151707.JPG>
<P5151773.JPG>
- La Sagrada Familia
This was amazing to say the least, it was above my expectations. One guy summed it up well he just simply said 'wow' as his jaw dropped.
We walked around this for 2hrs. The trick to buying tickets is do it online, we did and were much happier than the people waiting in line for an hour.
As part of the tickets we brought we could go up one of the towers, across a bridge and walk down the other tower. This was great and a little scary.

<P5151796.JPG>
<P5151811.JPG>
<P5151824.JPG>
- La Pedrera
An apartment block by Gaudi.

<P5151885.JPG>
<P5151888.JPG>
- Park Guell
It was quite a walk out of town, but well worth it, this place was a sanctuary so close to the city. It was where Gaudi lived during construction.

<P5151878.JPG>
Between La Sagrada Familia and La Pedrera we had a terrible lunch, we didn't think you could get bad food in Spain but we managed to find a place. To fix this problem we had a beverage & lemon tart at La Pedrera which has a cafe within it which is on th expensive side but still much cheaper than Australia.

<P5151880.JPG>
Spain loves the leg of meat still.

Finished the night off with the best Majito in the world in a little bar on the way back to the Hotel.

About map7


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.