Existing Member?

Chal Basanti Chal! My extended holiday around the world

Kuala Lumpar

UNITED KINGDOM | Sunday, 15 February 2009 | Views [245]

Kualar Lumpar is fantastic and I was very pleasantly surprised. Smaller than singapore and not so clean but so very vibrant, colourful, laid back and lively. Once again it is quite ethnically diverse. The City itself is dispersed with some colonial-esque type buildings, domed mosques, temples trees and has an amazing aroma depending on whether youre in China town or Little India.

The City is very modern which for some reason i didnt expect. The Petronias Towers are quite spectaculour. I got there early to get a free entry ticket to walk the sky bridge that connects the 2 towers and then what seemed like 50 million hours later we were allowed up. They make a big song and dance about the Towers by showing us a few videos beforehand which was a bit OTT especially as once you got up there it was a bit of an anti climax really. The view was good but I understand that the view from the KL Tower (which is higher than the P Towers) is even better as its panaramic....not that i am complaining of course.

Today, there was a bike race on in town ...one of the top ten tours in the world which was fun to watch. Not sure who won though.

Tomorrow I head to the Cameron Highlands to check out some tea plantations. Back to KL on the 19th before i fly to BKK.

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.