Existing Member?

98% excited, 2% scared or is it 2% excited, 98% scared?

London to Dublin

UNITED KINGDOM | Tuesday, 3 July 2007 | Views [502] | Comments [1]

Last Friday morning we left to Dublin. When we planned the trip, it sounded awesome to leave really early Friday morning and come back really late on Sunday so we could spend the most amount of time possible in Dublin. But come Friday morning at 4am, I was second-guessing our thought process. We got picked up by a minicab, which is a taxi that you call and tell them where to pick you up at a certain time and you negotiate the fair beforehand. That was at about 4:30am. We arrived at the airport before security was even open. We breezed through and went down to gate 2, where the BMI airline had their stand. We asked where our flight would leave out of and they said it was actually gate 82. So we headed down to the other side of the airport and sat and waited until our 7am flight. But wait, when they finally posted the gates for our flights, our flight was at gate 2! Now we were a little worried because we only had 30 minutes until our flight. We tried to go back to gate 2, but we had to go through security AGAIN. The line was ginormous so we talked them into letting us cut in line. After going through we headed back to gate 2 and they told us that its gate 82. We literally ran through the airport down to gate 82, but our flight was leaving out of gate 86. We ended up making it on time and got on our flight safely, but what an adventure...

Tags: Airports

Comments

1

Sounds incredible! I LOVED Dublin!!!! But what have you been up to since??
Love,
Maureen

  Maureen Jul 13, 2007 6:27 AM

About mademal


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.