Existing Member?

What Will They Find

Placencia Belize

BELIZE | Tuesday, 17 June 2008 | Views [510]

near PlacenciaWe all caught a ride in pick up to a small hotel run by an American ex-pat, where we shared a bathroom ad a kitchen with Chris ad Maartje. The owner of the hotel was extremely nice and even did Amy and Turgay’s laundry for free. Placencia is a small town located on the southernmost tip of the Placencia peninsula. There is one main street for cars and a main pedestrian walkway that follows directly behind the row of hotels and restaurants lining the beach. It was a very cute town but we only stayed the night. watertaxiWe went to a sports bar and watched game 5 of the NBA Finals, the Lakers won but it was a good game. The next morning we got up early had breakfast, did a little bit of poking around the town and then headed to the Hokey Pokey Water Taxi stop to catch the next boat up the river to Mango Creek. It was a pleasant and quick 15 minute ride. We then walked up the road and caught a James Bus to Punta Gorda, where we planned to stay for the night. We weren’t really impressed with the town and by chance we discovered that there was an extra boat to Livingston, Guatemala via Punta Barrios. We managed to catch it and said goodbye to Belize and returned to Guatemala.

Tags: belize, placencia

About ma_and_pa


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Belize

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.