Existing Member?

What Will They Find

The Wedding and the After Party

TURKEY | Wednesday, 16 April 2008 | Views [1764]

old styleAlthough we hadn't met each other yet we Pa' and I thought that it was important to include pictures from Turgay and Amy's wedding and party in Istanbul in this blog.  The wedding was well attended by both family and friends. Amy's mother came over from the States. Turgay's cousin Levent and Uncle Hikmet as well as Amy's good friend Ali Fuat and his family came over from Paris.

The hairdresser, the make up artists as well as Amy's mother Merrilee, friends Mulekber, Gunberi and Melike were all present at the couple’s home and helped them to get ready. Erdem and Gokhan provided the transportation to the ceremony, a 1952 Pink Citroen which was a surprise for both Amy and Turgay.

After arriving at the Kadikoy municipalities wedding salon, the couple danced their way down the aisle to "New Orleans" from the Blues Brothers and had everyone up and clapping and dancing with them. The ceremony was a typical Turkish civil ceremony and was followed by cake cutting and a dance, Amy and Turgay choose "Something You Got" by B.B. King and  Koko Taylor as their first song.

That evening after the ceremony there was a party at the Rock and Blues bar Shaft in Kadikoy. The same bar where on October 3rd 2003, Amy and Turgay first met and just as it was on that night, Turgay's group Blues Mobil played. It was a great party and a good time was had by all.

Tags: family, istanbul, turkey, wedding

About ma_and_pa


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Turkey

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.