Existing Member?

Trials & Tribulations of Trailer Trash

One week down......7 to go!!!

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 13 July 2009 | Views [371]

Daly Waters local

Daly Waters local

Toured mine in Mt Isa.....above ground.....no need to go underground....that can wait till I’m dead! Can’t imagine what it would be like to work down there! David decided to stay above ground with me.....he had no desire to go down there either!

On to Barkley Homestead where we were told we could get a good roast dinner ....our mouths were watering at the thought!  So off we went with great anticipation and put in our order, took our seats at a table and waited. Half an hour later the waitress came to tell us that the people before us had the last one.   Oh well....back to the microwaved pasta!!

This land is vast. We travelled through some country today, between Tennant Creek and Daly Waters,  that makes you feel quite insignificant. Your eyes stretch out forever across the stunning  landscape in search of the horizon. A land of sweeping plains......

Then we found Daly Waters Historic Pub.....a very refreshing break in our journey.....so refreshing in fact that we didn’t leave there until 10.00 this morning due to feeling a bit off colour.....must have been something we ate???? Check out the pub local with the chooks on his head!!!

About lynn_david


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.