Existing Member?

South Sudan

nothing is impossible

SUDAN | Tuesday, 29 May 2012 | Views [240]

Saoirse will find this one very boring as she's heard it all before:)I have had a week off from teaching this week as I wanted to concentrate on getting the day centre up and running. We have been given a donation of $7500 and with that have been able to get started. It’s only enough for six months though so I have been visiting UNICEF and World Vision. They have offices in a town about 100 miles west of here and I managed to get a lift with another NGO. The roads are so bad my bum was really sore when we got back. We are having our first meeting with the widows tomorrow to see what business they’d like to start up.(update..they decided they'd like a farm and Bishop has given us land whoop whoop...everything is possible through God)

Today I went to market and got a boda boda (motor bike taxi..keep up).. back. I decided to take a detour and get him to take me up one of the hills round here. We got most of the way up and then got off and walked. At the top I was delighted to be able to see Maridi from above. Apparently there are about 40,000 inhabitants, they make so little impact on the environment you can barely see anything but the bush. I was also delighted by the butterflies up there. Loads of them - all different colours and patterns. (just like this bloomin American spell and grammer checker that’s underling everything I type!!!)

talk soon xxxxxxxxxxx

About lynn923

The houses are primitive the people are sophisticated

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Sudan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.