Existing Member?

South Sudan

Hi

SUDAN | Wednesday, 2 May 2012 | Views [236]

I want to write but I don’t often, many times because I can’t do justice to that which I wish to express. I don’t have the vocabulary or the poetry in me that describes the world around me in which I find myself.

Early mornings which were always my worst time of the day unless I managed somehow to get through them without thinking (not as hard as you might think) have turned right round to become the best part of my day. I still have the immediate guilt and worry of timeworn habit but now I can quickly dispel those attacks by our enemy into moments of prayer, then longer moments of prayer, until I come back to the truth that God is in charge and I am in His care. Faith without action is dead we are told but I’m also learning that being in Him is not always just about action but also about just being. Hmm. Deliciously wonderful.

Today has been about blue skies and sunshine, tinged with joy. An early morning call to Saoirse, 21 today!, who is having a wonderful day with Flora who I also love, easy ozey hour on the internet, with prayers answered and comical friends, nursery monitoring, bike rides down gentle everlasting slopes which meant the ride back up was not too hard, lift hitched to airstrip to greet my friend and my funds and back to camp for lunch prepared by new-found friends with banana and custard! Book reading afternoon, learning new wisdoms and now the confidence to write. Joy indeed.

I cannot express my love for you all and how much my confidence is built upon knowing God and knowing you are all there, loving me.

About lynn923

The houses are primitive the people are sophisticated

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Sudan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.