Existing Member?

Worth Missing Biscuits

Begin the Countdown

USA | Sunday, 6 July 2008 | Views [478]

Two days before I am going to fly back round to Chapel Hill, NC. I don't want to believe all of the things I have not done while I am here - We shall simply call it leaving something for next time. Which there must be at some point! 

All of us here are experiencing a massive pressure from our final projects - including me. Tonight I am meeting up with a couchsurfer on Istiklal and hopefully interviewing some street musicians as well as a band or two if possible. If we are truly lucky we will run into a political band tonight... 

Anyways I did conduct my first interview today, which went pretty perfectly. The person I spoke with was very informative and intriguing. Which is good considering I have about a day to get all my interviews wrapped up! We went to the recording studio and talked with the music we were discussing playing in the background. 

What was especially awesome was the Kurdish music we listened to at the end - apparently a group had just come a few days ago to record from the way Southeast of Turkey - no jobs and little money - but somehow they made it here to this studio to record. The music was very good and the lyrics were interesting.

Hope all of y'all are doing well, 

Smiles from the other side

About luckymedusa


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.