Existing Member?

Worth Missing Biscuits

The day of 4 teas

USA | Friday, 23 May 2008 | Views [378]

This morning I had some tasty, but too small hot bread and cheese layered croissant-like object for breakfast. Cost me 1 lira, a dollar, and I was hungry. And he weighed the piece that he cut for me and then cut some off of it. I was not exactly happy about this. But do not know enough Turkish as yet to do anything about such happenings. Anyways, we went to class which apparently is located ridiculously close to the Hagia Sophia, you know I’m happy! And is at an Ottoman school that has been renovated and turned into an art school – I saw someone do the background for a traditional Turkish marbling – purple swirls of awesomeness. So cool, she swooshed a stick through the liquid mixture and splattered with a brush some sort of color into some sort of liquid, then pressed a large piece of paper onto this mess and when she removed it, it was beautiful! We also looked at other art in the building – I’d like to take miniature but I’m not really going to be here for that long and the lessons are pricy. (and supposedly it’s the hardest one) (of course) Then we walked back up to food, and I got my vegetarian samit sandvich, mmm. Everyone else decided to eat up at the restaurant, where I got two teas, both of which turned out to be free – Yay for Turkish tea and hospitality! And for everyone else ordering something… I talked to a carpet dealer and a bracelet seller who insisted I get tea with him and his friend to cement our friendship - Which I did, in the gardens behind Topkapi palace. An amazingly gorgeous place with an incredible view of the city. Two more teas were downed with lovely sugar cubes. I was walked to the tram station  and I then returned home! Good night all!

About luckymedusa


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.