Existing Member?

Lefra'sJourney2TheStates

camp!!!

USA | Wednesday, 25 June 2008 | Views [515] | Comments [6]

ok so continuing on from my travel from NYC to camp (a nice 3 and a half hour drive...what happened to 2.5 hours...not at all impressed!!!).

I met a few people on the bus also going to camp, so it wasn't so daunting getting off the bus into a crowd of staff who had already arrived. We then had a short meeting in the dining hall - now this was quite amusing coz tim who is one of the camp directors is an old dude from england, we've likened him to nigel thornberry from the cartoon the wild thornberry's, he repeats everything he says and always says everything super slow like we're retarded or something!?!? it's always good for a laugh, i shall endevour to record a video of him before i leave so we can all experience the Tim!

the days have somewhat blurred into one another...so things may not be in order...

ok, so basically we arrived had a meeting took our stuff to our cabin (which is so grotty...the girls from waterfront had made an absolute pigstye of the place, and even i can;t compete with their mess!!!) there are 6 bunks and 2 of the beds are empty so there are 10 girls in the cabin, half of which i can stand!! there is lorna from scotland and scottish people really do say 'wee' at the start of sentences and she is lovely, then there's amy and april from perth WA, traci, emma, sarah and carley from england, and michelle and tess from melbourne. we have named our cabin OzLand...

It's taken me this long (5 days) to realise that our cabin is actually on a lean, quite a significant one in fact, I'm pretty sure nothing is going to be done about it however...i guess you could say it adds character!!!

over the past 5 days we've basically had orientation meeting after orientation meeting....which is super exciting i can tell you that!! NOT. although they have been informative, which is the point, but i'm pretty sure they could condense the info if they didn't repeat it so often, i'm guessing they want to really make sure that we don't forget what we've been told!!!

the other day we had a swim test, which some of you may know that when it comes to swimming it's definitely not my strong point! however you will all be so very proud to hear that i completed the intermediate swim of 2 laps!!! which is probably 50m...i also believe that lake water is heavy and weighs you down!!

last night we had a round robin between dept's so there are the cabin counselors, waterfront staff, adventure staff, kitchen, specialists (thats me!!) and athletics, the theme was disney and the specialists went as characters from toy story...i went as jessie the cow girl, we also had slinky, stinky pete, the aliens, the army guys, woody, buzz, mr potato head and the piggy bank!! we came 2nd after our performance that we gave at the start and from the points we accumulated from the games!!!

oh bugger i have 1 min left on the computer! so i shall continue the stories of fun times and noodle salad at a later date

love to you all again

loz

Comments

1

Ohhh MANNNNN you so lucky!!! I wanna meet Nigel Thornbury... hehe. Well it sounds like you're having a crazy time, living in the leaning tower of grot with people who talk funny and dress up as cartoon characters! It all sounds a bit over the top to me!... only in America I guess!!! ;)

Looking foward to talking to you again soon!

Love James

  James Jun 25, 2008 5:47 PM

2

Hello my darling,
It sounds like you've settled in and having fun, you didn't tell me you'd been blogging. I still miss you heaps, I don't think that will change anytime soon :-)I can't wait to start seeing some photos, I don't even have any idea or pictures in my head as to what the camp or surroundings looks like cause you haven't said anything in our conversations, it's not like me to not ask you about this, that and the other.
I HATE SCHOOL!!! I'll explain more in next phone call.
Send me a msg when you'll call next 'cause I want to talk to you about banking and San Francisco. Keep having a ball my presh and stay safe and as G'ma and James says "keep yourself nice"
Luv u heaps, talk soon, Luv Mumsy xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

  Mumsy Jun 25, 2008 5:48 PM

3

So much fun! Good on you...
Enjoy yourself!!!
xx

  Stace Jun 25, 2008 8:00 PM

4

OMG a disney theme how lucky u so could of picked a better movie than toy story! shameful loz! Massive congrats on ur swim too that is very amazing of u very impressed! Oh & wots ur US cell no?
Hope the bed bugs dont bite!!! xoxo

  Jess G Jun 25, 2008 10:39 PM

5

hey loz,
sounds like you're having a blast..im sitting at my desk analysing data with dressing gown over my knees & gloves on my hands (just in case you werent sure where they go!)..it so cold!
you're camp sounds like global village!! fun times!!
cant wait for the next update
love bel

  Bel Jun 26, 2008 10:13 AM

6

ohhhh you are such a lucky duckie!!!
i am currently bidding like a moron on ebay for beads.
i am one sad sad case.
sigh.........

anyways miss ya!!!!
xox

  Rachel Jun 26, 2008 4:05 PM

About loz


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.