Existing Member?

It's blog, it's blog, it's big it's heavy it's wood! My adventures across Europe!

London

UNITED KINGDOM | Wednesday, 18 July 2007 | Views [585] | Comments [6]

Well this is the second time I'm writing this thanks to the cable that was supposedly charging this laptop not actually being pushed in far enough...sigh. Anyways, here's what I've been up to so far... * Arrived at Heathrow around 5:30am * Somehow successfully found my way to Simone's place * Met up with Mike & Ange from school at a pub where we were met by Adam (Kim's cousin) * Went to Buckingham Palace to visit the Queen...she was not amused * Went to another pub (It's okay, I only had diet pepsi!) * Met Simone after work and went out for dinner at this very cool dim sung (?) place called Ping Pong (NOTE: kinda like a yum cha restaurant, only you order what you want from the menu rather than pick it off a cart, then they bring it all out. Turns out our waiter was from Melbourne so we got 2 free drinks each and dessert for free! I love Australians) * Took the train home from Waterloo station * Went to bed around 11:30pm...phew! So now I'm making my first travel journal and trying to pysche myself up for a shower which will eventually lead to me leaving Simone's apartment to check out Putney and hunt down cheap hand bags. Hope you're all well. Take a look at my photos and I'll keep you updated with my travels to Sweden on Friday!
A double-decker bus..der!

A double-decker bus..der!

Tags: Friends

Comments

1

Very nice!

It's been sooo cold since you left - snowed in the Dandenongs! Yestrday was the coldest day for 10 years, and today wasn't much better ... so you ain'y missing anything :-)

  Dad Jul 18, 2007 9:52 PM

2

I knew you and mum would read my blogs, if no one else! It was actually beautiful and sunny today once it had rained and the clouds went away...more photos to come :)

  louise Jul 19, 2007 3:42 AM

3

Hey Lou!!

I'm so jealous!! I'm sorting out Coz's ticket today she's leaving for ye olde london town on the 30th!
Give the queen a slap from me! hehe

  Simon Jul 19, 2007 9:34 AM

4

How dare there be another ange!

Oh, I guess since you are on the other side of the world you can be friends with her :)

Your photos look great - it's so weird to see familiar lou in far away places. Hope you are running around like an idiot and laughing heaps and having fun xoxoxo

  Angelina Jul 19, 2007 11:21 AM

5

Hey Louise!

Great to keep up with your adventures! Will be thinking of you often and keep you in my prayers as you gallavant around Europe (& do some study in between). Hope you meet lots of cool people, learn lots and come home enriched by all you experience! Yep, I'm already thinking about you coming home (even though I live in another state)!

Big hug!

Love Sarah :)

  Sarah A Jul 20, 2007 1:12 PM

6

sorry I missed you Sunday, looking forward to reading lots of interesting stories

Luv ya
Mum 2

  second mum Jul 20, 2007 10:45 PM

About louise

Me on Simone's balcony

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.