Existing Member?

The World According To Me

Weekend No.4 - Going out with Therese

USA | Wednesday, 1 October 2008 | Views [394]

This weekend was great. On Friday Therese and I decided to go to a Cuban Restaurant, where I've been with Jonathan one week before. They have the best Mojito, I had since I'm here in New York.

I got a shortmessage from Julia before we left the Pussyprison, that she passed her exam, it was a really tough exam and she was studying hard to pass it. So I told Therese, that we have to drink one Mojito for that passed exam and the success of my hardworking sister. In return Therese had a Skype session with Tobi, a friend of her, who finished work at the time we left the building. That was 3 am in Europe. And he told Therese, that we should take a drink in his name :-) But the Mojito in this restaurant is really strong and we were not sure, if we would be able to drink three of them. When I was there with Jonathan, I drank only one and was drunk afterwards. But we were in cheerful spirits and motiviated enough to be sure, that we will drink at least two. So, the reason, why on the photos we took this evening stands "High the cup auf Julia & Tobi" is, that we startet taking the pictures during the second drink and stopped when the third one was finished. They had really good life music in this cuban restaurant and I we decided to have dinner there another day. Hopefully soon...

The daytime of Saturday was not very spectacular. I planned to make some sightseeing instead of the shopping-seeing i did on the last weekends, but the weather was to bad to take a walk with my guide book. So because of the bad weather, I was forced to go shopping. Really!! Therese an me went to Loehmann's, which is a Designer Outlet in Manhattan with 4 floors. It took us 4 hours to get through all the staff. You have to imagine all these expensive designer clothes hanging around like in a chinese cheap clothes market. I mean, if you think about the fact, that 95% (the rest is from "italy") really comes from china, it is just a matter of the brand how much these things cost. Ridiculous. Anyway, it is really hard to see things you like, because there are sooo many of them. Apart from this, going inside with a special wish of what you want to buy, comes close to suicide. But 4 hours later, I came out with my gorgeous bright yellow rain boots (they are also on the photos). And I love them.

Though we were really at the end after this shopping marathon, we brought our things home and left the pussyprison again to join the octoberfest. The pub was on "the other side of town" (which means one subway change and 15 minutes walk *hehe*), but we didn't care and the good thing in new york is, that subway is driving the all night long. You may wait 30 minutes *gg* but it comes.

At the Octoberfest first of all we ordered a Weisswurst and it was soooo good, that Therese started to feel like she would have been at home. Yes, the Wuaast was really delicious. Mhhh *yummie*. Combined with the music and the great beer, we forgot our tiredness in a second and felt highly motivated to party. After we finished our first beer, Oxana joined us. Oxana is a girl from Moscow, which studies in Krems .By the way I love her stories about Krems, because she has this russian point of view and as Julia told me, in Russia a small village has as much residents as a big city in Austria. So Krems must be a dunghill for Oxana. She went to the bar to get a small beer, as she told us. I don't want to know what a big beer is for her, because she came back with a Maas. So Therese and I were forced to order a Maas as well :-) We left our table to join the people on the "dance floor" and two of us started to jump around and sing to the german folk-ballermann music. It was great. Oxana was a little bit irritated at the beginning, because she didn't understand the text, but after a while she was also jumping around withouth knowing what the song is about. But we teached her "Ein Prosit der Gemütlichkeit", because they played it every 15 minutes and she should know why everybody is highing the cups and drinking in collective. The word "Gsuffa" with Russian accent is very funny. It was also funny to watch the American guests after one Maas of German beer. Everybody is drinking "Bud light" here, because of the shape (yes, also the men are taking care about their weight). So it isn't a wonder, that after one or two Maas the American were dancing on the tables and screaming around. The doorman was chilled about that. After he carried out the tabledancer a few times, he just carried out the table to finish the tabledancing. But because he left the chairs, people startet dancing on them.

At three o'clock in the morning Therese and I went home. It took us long because we were not walking straight, but in wavy line. But althogehter it was a great evening and a great weekend. (And I didn't even have a headache on the next day *gg*.)

High the Cups

High the Cups

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.