Existing Member?

Solo Travel (Thailand)

Why!

THAILAND | Saturday, 12 September 2009 | Views [458] | Comments [2]

Before my flight, I began to think of the reasons for going to Thailand by myself…for two months. The answer? Adventure and “testing spontaneity” - that feeling you have when nothing is planned or expected and something moves you day by day. Each of these events taking place at the right time and right place; as a result you progress and grow through first-hand experience. My opinion is that we tend to stress too much about what will happen, or think that we must run away from chaos and organize our lives. In reality, it should be the opposite, what we view as chaos is in theory the universe working together and giving each person what it deems necessary. For me, in order to truly test this…there was work to be done. By traveling, I have been able to challenge myself in numerous ways. The first, leaving the comforts of home. The second, leaving the country. The third, traveling with a purpose – hard work, spiritual journeys, facing fears, etc… Now, being lead by the people you meet, your own core intent, and your emotions. To truly make it work, I guess I’d say that you really have to be open to anything and ready to take action at any moment: be it pack in 10 minutes in a parking slot, in the dark 2 hours before your flight or trust complete strangers along the way. Thailand has a bit of everything the world has to offer, except for probably snow. Old, new, spiritual, sinful, good, and bad. Each person decides what to make of it when faced with it, which is what makes it that much more personal. At first, I did not know what to expect…perfect. Then I started to worry about the uncertainty that lies in the days that follow. Like negativity, worry, must be diminished and eliminated as soon as it is identified. So I did…fuck it, its all going to be ok. Let’s get to it!

Comments

1

"fuck it" best part of this blog

  Ryan Sep 13, 2009 11:13 AM

2

Me encanta como escribes! y de la manera que vez muchas cosas de la vida. Me alegro que t encuentres bien.

  Eli "Optica Buch" Sep 16, 2009 10:01 AM

About loquillopr

Tuk Tuk Ride

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.