Existing Member?

Tour de Firenze 2013

My new family in Reparata 3 aka the Penthouse

ITALY | Monday, 2 September 2013 | Views [279]

Well I cannot decide if occupying the top floor of Via Santa Reparata 3 for the next few months is torture...or a blessing in discuise! Move in day was tough as I had to lug two 50lb suitcases to the top of our building because we have been blessed with no elevators. At least I will always work off my previous meal climbing to the top of the tower!

We are referring to our new home as the "Penthouse" because we have the top and every other floor has two apartments per floor, whilie our apartment is the entire top! Its the perfect amount of space for the massive amount of things I brought! 

My roomate Lizzie is very nice and we lucked out and got the biggest room in the apartment! There are six of us total and each two get our own full bathroom! 

I have really hit it off with Amber who is from Roger Williams, kind of a coincidence since that is where Kristen goes! The other girls are Danielle, Liz and Jordan. Jordan has her own business where she makes and sells fashionable "gators" which are the fleece covers you put over your neck for when your skiing or just trying to keep warm! They are all very stylish and I'm hoping to score a pink sequence one for my birthday!

Liz and Jordan are quite the chefs which is perfect for me because they make us dinner everynight. Tonight they made a meat lasagna and a veggie one, needless to say they were both spectacular!

We have two apartments of boys that live below us so they come up to hangout a lot and its been fun. The first night we moved in we had then up for a big pasta dinner with a little wine tasting.....which turned into quite a few bottles! - needless to say it was a bad clam night for everyone.

I am budgeting quite nicely though becuase it costs 1euro for a box of wine....maybe I'll start mailing myself back some bottles to have next semester!

 

That's all for now folks!

About lolacoz57


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.