Existing Member?

Tour de Firenze 2013

First thoughts in Firenze

ITALY | Monday, 2 September 2013 | Views [277]

Well the journey to Florence was not exactly what I hoped it would be....getting from Germany was not exactly the best trip. Who knew forgetting to take out your laptop for the security belt would be taken so seriously in Germany! Getting taken into a room and having my hands swabbed was really a great way to start my stay in EUROPE!

Finally landing in Florence was the best feeling, especially when all of my luggage came around on the belt, I was filled with relief....Walking through the airport and seeing my driver holding a LAURA COSTELLO sign made me feel much better about hopping into a van with a complete stranger. After about a twenty minute ride I arrived at the Hotel Astoria. A man from my program was waiting to escort me to dinner because I had arrived a few hours later than the rest of the group.

Once I dropped off my luggage and changed we headed out to the restaurant to meet up with the rest of the group.....

 

Upon arrival I quickly was reunited with a few of my friends from Bryant, it was especially nice to see Jenna who was relived to see that I had made the journey safe! 

 

Our first dinner was on the roof top of a gorgeous hotel that overlooked the entire city. There was a buffet filled with lots of delicious appetizers and of course, lots of pasta!

 

After the dinner I met up with Jenna and Jared and some new friends we met and we headed out to walk around the city....

 

as we began walking we came up to the most massive building I had ever seen in my life. News to me that this gorgeous structure was the Duomo, Florence's most beloved cathederal and also the center of Florence! After we explored some more we found a nice cafe and had our first Prosecco

 

 

...getting back to the hotel was not the easiest thing in the world, but once we made it back I finally met the rest of my suitemates and we were eager to see our apartment the next day!

About lolacoz57


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.