Existing Member?

Lisa's Adventures London to Home Hi All, Well it is time I moved on. I am heading home in July but so you can read about my adventures I have set this site up. Please read, enjoy and drop me a line sometime. See you all soon. Love Lisa xx

Bridge over River Kwai

THAILAND | Thursday, 27 September 2007 | Views [511]

Hi All,

Well I am currently in Kanchaanaburi the sight of the bridge over the river kwai and Hell fire pass. I have visited both places and they are definately moving places to visit. It is hard to imagine how much the POWs went through building this railway, it is definately amazing that anyone survived under the conditions they went through.

Kanchaanaburi itself is a lovely little place. It is a shame that the reason it is famous or well know is for such a bad reason. The people here are lovely, the worst thing is the mosquitos.

I also ventured out to the tiger temple where you get to haveyou photgraph taken while patting the tigers. It was very touristic but you know how I love tigers so it was great. They also had cubs which were really cute and you just wanted to cuddle them but they definatley liked to grab a bit.

I ventured to the famous 7 tier waterfall and after the 2 and 1/2 km hike up to see the supposedly best tier I decided the lower ones were better. The only good thing about going all the way up was seeing the family of monkeys on the way back down. The little ones were very curious and when you put your hand out they would come near it thenjump away.

For the preious few days I spent in Bangkok around the Kho San Road. Not a bad place and not as hectic as I thought. Hanoi in veitnam was definately more frantic so it didnt seem to bad. I was able to manage getting round the city without being ripped off by the tuk tuk drivers by using my feet and the local buses.

The biggest theing I got to see was the weekend market. It was huge. I spent 5 hours getting lost through it and still didnt see everything but it was heaps of fun until I wanted a particular store I seen hours before then kept walking round in circles trying to find it. It turned out to be a happy story as I did find it and could still find the exit for home.

Well that brings you pretty much upto date. I am heading this afternoon back to bangkok to cacth the bus and the fedrry to Ko Samui for a bit of r and r then further south till I have to fly out in 2 1/2 wks. Time flies when you are having fun.

Hope this finds you all well and will catch you all very soon.

Lisa xx

Tags: Culture

About lmc303

Snails, yummy

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.