Existing Member?

Lisa's Adventures London to Home Hi All, Well it is time I moved on. I am heading home in July but so you can read about my adventures I have set this site up. Please read, enjoy and drop me a line sometime. See you all soon. Love Lisa xx

I'm on my way

GERMANY | Saturday, 28 July 2007 | Views [331]

Well the day has finally arrived and I am on my way home to oz.

After a very restless night sleep, I was up early to catch my ever reliable 341 bus to waterloo. No problems (I will miss london transport). Got to waterloo in plenty of time, checked in and then the first of many waits for trains begins.

10.43 while on the phone to mum, my adventure begins. There is no turning back. First stop Brussels to catch the connecting train to Cologne. With the eurostar running a couple minutes late into Brussels I did the harry holt to the next platform (gotta love europe, no customs, no checking passports). On the platform less then 1 min before the train arrives. Yeah this is too easy (but not getting too excited yet, lots of miles still to go).


Arrive with no hassels into cologne, hostel round the corner, dump my stuff and lets go exploring. Well I was actually trying to find the supermarket but still dont know my lefts or rights by 29. Wondering the best shopping streets I have seen in years, getting bombarded by the european herbalife convention and so many stag and hen do's I ended up walking for 1 1/2 hrs through only the shopping district! What will tomorrow have installed for me?

Anyway I am back at my hostel, having my first beer and just chilling as I am exhausted. Who knew leaving a life of 4 yrs behind could be so draining. Well enough for tonight. Will write again soon.

Till then day 1 over only ???? to go.

Lisa xx

Tags: On the Road

About lmc303

Snails, yummy

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.