Existing Member?

Lisa's Adventures London to Home Hi All, Well it is time I moved on. I am heading home in July but so you can read about my adventures I have set this site up. Please read, enjoy and drop me a line sometime. See you all soon. Love Lisa xx

Rome

ITALY | Wednesday, 4 April 2007 | Views [458]

Hi All,

Well Mum and I had a lovely time in Rome. The weather was fantatic, the food great and as Mum put it the sights were amazing.

After a long day getting there we got to our B&B with a lovely Italian lady with a little girl making our stay very homely. I then became the tour guide for the next few days.

First night, was my Birthday so we had a lovely dinner at a little resturant between the Trevi Fountian and the Patheon. Wine, Pasta and Pizza and to finish the night off gellati at the Trevi Founntian.

Up early to head to the Vatican. WOW were we amazed to see how long the que was. At 10 am it was back to St Peters and the worse thing was the museum closes at 1 pm on Saturday. Luckly we found a guy offering tours near the front of the que and decided it was worht the money to join. Mum was amazed. The artifacts and the buildings on how extravegant they were was just different and too much on church standards. Taking several hours to do the vatican and sistein chapel Mum loved it, which was great. It still blows me away too.

We finished off the day with a trip to the catacoombes (Pope John Pauls II burrial sight) and a walk up to the tower of ST Peters. The view was amazing. It was 2 things I had not seen in Rome. But unfortuneately another 10 000 people (well what seemed that many) thought too.

Sunday, well I never thought I would spen 4 1/2 hours at church but we did. We had Palm Sunday mass at St Peters Square with the Pope and 100 000 other people as well (including soooooo many priests). It was lovely and moving and we even got to see the Pope in his Pope mobile and he popped up to his window as well.

That afternoon we did a waling tour round the Coloseum, Roman Forum, Patheon, Trevi Fountian and Spanish Stps. Mum was blown away as she didnt realise that the 'old stuff' was there. The History behind it all was so interesting too hear. Our guide was amazing and definately new his stuff.

Final day was a day just to walk and take it this great city. At the end of the trip we were gelaati, pizza, pasta and red wine out. We had a great time and I think Mum really enjoyed herself and was amazed what was there. 

Now it is back to London for a day before we fly to ireland.

Take care 

Tags: Adventures

About lmc303

Snails, yummy

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.