Existing Member?

A Semester of Adventure

August 27- Day One Roma!

ITALY | Friday, 31 October 2014 | Views [186]

August 27

Yesterday my flight arrived at 9:15 and they shuttled us (API students) to our orientation hotel, World Hotel Ripa Roma. Upon arrival a few of us explored the neighborhood, Trastevere!

Instead of giving us room keys... they gave everyone a card... and when you get to the hotel, you show them the card to get your key. 

I had my first latte! (WITH SKIM MILK). Then I went out to lunch with some of my new friends. Limoncello and an entire pizza to myself!!

For dinner API took us to an adorable restaurant in the heart of Trastevere! Grazie e Graziella!!

I am SO happy to be here. Everything is beautiful... The buildings, the people, even the words. I LOVE IT and cannot stop talking about how much I LOVE IT. 

 

Today we moved into our apartment and are already drinking wine together! API set up a "survival tour" of Trastevere, and the neighborhood is sooo cute! My roommates are all super sweet and we are going out to dinner together then going out!

About lizzybeyer


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.