Existing Member?

Lizzie's Travels

Ushuaia

ARGENTINA | Sunday, 7 October 2007 | Views [347]

From El Chalten we travelled down into Tierra Del Fuego to visit the souther most city in the world, Ushuaia.  Despite being completly freezing Ushuaia was really interesting.  With our new English friends, we went on a bost cruise on the Beagle channel where we checked out the sea lions who stank worse than the piled up rubbish in Lima and sailed past the infamous Beagle lighthouse.  We don't actually know what is so impressive about this light house, only that it is on front of the local beer which is really good.  We went on the token tourist tour (which was actually awesome) involving a feast cooked on a 10 meter fire in a teepee, dog sledding and snow shoeing!!!  Castles and I attempted to find the local glacier however ended up lost in the snow so decided to retrace our steps and tackle another local flaggon of red instead.  The next day we redeemed our walking efforts by tackling the Parque Nacional del Fuego and went ice skating on a semi frozen lake (not particularly successfully!) 

Tags: Adventures

About lizziewebber


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.