Existing Member?

Lizzie's Travels

Mendoza

ARGENTINA | Friday, 7 September 2007 | Views [419]

From B.A. we headed to Mendoza by overnight bus (which froze on the inside of the windows).  Mendoza is the capital of the wine making distract in Argentina so we thought it was only right to do a wine tour of the area.  The tastings at the vineyards were less generous than we had hoped for, however the magnificent buffet with all you can drink wine certainly made up for it.  We met some Chilian marines who took us out one night to some massive club in the middle of absolutely no where.  Now when a Marine says drink, you drink, when he says you drink tequilla, you have to drink tequilla.  Needless to say the night ended a littl earlier than it needed too but was fun regardless!  The next couple of days we spent a little more quietly, checking out the city and its many wine shops and delis.

From Mendosa we headed south to Las Lenas where we were able to snowboard for a couple of days.  We boarded with some seriously good skiiers from our hostel, and not until we finished the day did we realise that one was a professional snowboarder (a lady about 1.5m high from Japan -crazy) and a couple of Austrian sports teachers/ski instructors.  Made me feel a litlle better about not being able to keep up, at all!!    

Tags: Adventures

About lizziewebber


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.