Existing Member?

Lizzie's Travels

Buenos Aires

ARGENTINA | Sunday, 26 August 2007 | Views [415]

The girls finally caught up with the boys in Buenos Aires.  As the boys had been in Argentina for a little while they had no trouble in showing us the best spots for steak, red wine, desserts and more steaks.  One of the places we visited was all you can eat meat (with a bottle of red thrown in for each person) called ´Siga la Vaca´ which means follow the cow!! We were staying in San Telmo which had a weekly market and heaps of really nice restaurants and ice cream shops, as well as some cool pubs and bars.  We visited the bright and colourful suburb of Boca, Evita´s grave in Recoleta, went to a tango show and numerous other famous sights and buildings around the city.  We went out a few times including to the forgotten disco where people routinely broke into break dancing and to a club that could probably fit more people into it than the MCG! Unfortunately we didn´t fit in very well as we didn´t have massive sunnies on and for some reason we wern´t spontaneously ripping our shirts off if a good song came on.  Before Paige and Ellen left we visited Iguazu falls and Uruguay from Buenos Aires.

Once the girls left, Castles and I stayed an extra week to do a Spanish course which was really hard but interesting.  Despite learning a lot in the course, I an still really struggling to understand most of the conversations I manage to get myself involved in!!

Tags: Culture

About lizziewebber


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.