Existing Member?

Lizzie's Travels

Nazca

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 7 July 2007 | Views [438] | Comments [1]

Well Luis didn´t let us down.  He took us with some of his friends to the cock fighting!!!  At first it was pretty disgusting but by the end of it we were chanting along with everyone else and having a great time.  It was a great way to learn our left and right in Spanish.  Luis starting making bets with us which is where things got interesting.  Luis actually breeds chickens, and his are fighting next week.  Well well, didn´t a little knowledge prove to be a dangerous thing! We beat Luis 5 2, so he had to buy us a bottle of Pisco.  After about 4 shots each we kind of wished we had lost the bet, it was gross, like cheap vodka  and petrol mixed together.  Anyway, as our betting was goimg so well some of the locas started betting us as well.  Luck for us the fighting ended soon after our new rounds of betting as our beginners luck had run out!

The next mornimg we went to the Charachacha (cemetry) where we saw heaps of mummies, nicely wrapped up.  Then we did the flight over the Nazca lines.  This was really interesting yet we where shocked at how small the lines where.  We only got to see about 20 lines, there are approx 2000 more throughout Peru.  We also did a tour of the  Aqua ducts that afternoon which was really interesting (watch out Romans)

That night we caught an overnight bus to  Arequipa which was not a bad as we had expected.              

Tags: Sightseeing

Comments

1

You havent mentioned that you have meet up with your handsome boyfriend! Hope all is well, will see you in 2 days!

Ciao

  Simon Jul 14, 2007 7:42 AM

About lizziewebber


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.