Existing Member?

coast 2 coast world - here we come.

are we ready?

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 1 March 2008 | Views [754] | Comments [7]

lize and kim (aka youdie)

lize and kim (aka youdie)

after hours spent gazing at a world map and flicks through various lonely planet guides, we have organised flights into all our major destinations.

- thailand - europe - central america - south america -

slowly, things are beginning to find themselves crossed off our list - and while a few items are still making their way onto it - they don't seem quite as daunting as millions of needles, passport photos or actually paying $10,000 to a travel agent.

after 2 and a half years on the north-west coast for lize, and a year for kim, lives are being packed up and shipped back to hobart - where lize's dad nige is using their homeless belongings as an excuse to build his long dreamt of shed.

first stop, Thailand, where a full moon party and ten days with anna, lize's best friend, awaits, along with elepahnt rides, cheap beers, clear blue water and squat toilets.  

as d-day approaches, kim is banned from all forms of wrestling, drinking without responsible supervision and football.

lize is busy trying to think of ways she can slip a hair dryer, extra pair of shoes, and several books into kim's bag without him noticing. 

it dosen't seem real to either of us and won't until we arrive in bangkok after midnight, shoulder our packs for the first time and try and converse with taxi drivers.

while the future is unknown, we can't wait to begin what we know will be a fabulous adventure.

  

Tags: The Planning Phase

Comments

1

HI KIM AND LIZE. I FOUND IT. I HAD A FEW LAUGHS AND I AM AS EXCITED AS YOU BOTH ARE ABOUT HEADING OFF. I HAVE SENT THIS TO SEE IF IT ALL WORKS BEFORE YOU LEAVE.MUM (CHRIS)

  christine docking Mar 11, 2008 2:14 PM

2

Scobies charge a humungus amount for 3m x 3m so the meter is already ticking re storage and the shed is not even built as yet! It might have to become a second hand furniture store. Any one want to buy some cheap stuff ex Eliza? Comes with beer stains, bottle tops, sweet wrappers etc.

  Nige Mar 11, 2008 10:43 PM

3

YAYAYAYAYAYAY! Buckets in Thailand here we come! Cant wait to lay on a beach with you honey and have you laught at my now refined Pommy accent all over again. Stay safe - travel well. See you soon xxxx

  anna Mar 20, 2008 9:01 PM

4

Hey Lize just got your prezzies in the drawer at work!!!! how did you know food was the way to my heart? :)
I'll miss you guys so much, even though I only knew you both for a short time.
Can't wait to catch up when you get back.
Love Sarah

  Sarah Webb Mar 31, 2008 8:12 AM

5

Excitement building - almost everything on list completed - time to relax and enjoy all those farewell parties!! Time to start countdown?
That BIG adventure about to begin!!
Love, Mum

  Kathryn Apr 1, 2008 2:48 PM

6

youdie, you have to eat bugs whilst in thailand, they are actually called disgutabugs it would be a nice change from all the pies you eat, i want to see photos as evidence of you doing this. If you don't i will call you a hutchins fag for the rest of your days

  fishead (wicksy) Apr 2, 2008 11:51 AM

7

Are you guys heading to Columbia? I saw you can now take tours of the cocaine factories! - http://www.news.com.au/travel/story/0,26058,23472143-5014090,00.html

  Kathryn Apr 4, 2008 9:15 AM

About lize_youdie


Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.